Mount Tyson is a small town amongst the grain and cattle farms of the Darling Downs, best known for its true Aussie-style Farm Stay and for White Mischief sweets. The locals of this town are truly proud of their ‘tidy town’ title won over many years, while the town can be said to be at its most beautiful as the Jacarandas come into bloom.
Just west of the town is the very well known Adora Downs Host Farm. Catering mostly for groups, this farm is neither a secret to Australians or overseas visitors, as word has spread that this farm offers a distinctly Australian farm experience.
Like most small town cheese factories, Mount Tyson’s cheese factory is no longer producing cheese. The factory however, is ‘churning out’ a sweeter indulgence, as it has been converted to a confectionery factory. Known as ‘White Mischief,’ the nougat and other delights are truly a welcome new use for the dairy farmers’ milk.
Activites and Experiences at Mount Tyson
- Farm/Station activity Adora Downs Host Farm.
- Horseriding Adora Downs Host Farm.
- Animal Riding Adora Downs Host Farm.
- Tennis Mount Tyson tennis courts.
- Animal Viewing Adora Downs Host Farm.
- Accommodation Adora Downs Host Farm.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale Mount Tyson Store.
- Fuel Mount Tyson Store.
- Newsagent Mount Tyson Store.
- Post Office Post Office Agency at Mount Tyson Store.
- Public Telephone Located at Mount Tyson Store.
- Sporting Facilities Tennis courts and sporting field.
- Supermarket Basic supplies at the at Mount Tyson Store.
- Takeaway Food Available at the Mount Tyson Store.
- Tennis Court
- Places of Worship
- Aussie Lifestyle Enjoy bush dances, camp fires and farm life on Adora Downs Host Farm.
- Food and Wine White Mischief Nougat Factory.
- Industry/Mining, Agriculture Agriculture.
- Nature based
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Pittsworth
Accommodation In Mount Tyson
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Mount Tyson