Noccundra was first settled in 1882 with the establishment of the Noccundra Hotel. The Noccundra Pub is one not to be missed. In fact, it’s the town’s only occupied building! It is also the site of a memorial to the ill-fated Hume expedition, who died of thirst west of the present town while searching for survivors of the lost Leichhardt Expedition.
Grab a line and fish in the nearby Wilson River, also an ideal camping spot.
Noccundra has a varied history. Locals are well versed in its past, so stop for a yarn on the way through.
Activites and Experiences at Noccundra
- Off Road Driving
- Farm/Station activity Epsilon Station.
- Bush Tucker
- Airport Dirt airstrip only.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar Noccundra Hotel.
- Public Telephone
- Takeaway Food Noccundra Hotel.
- Tennis Court
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Fishing Wilson River.
- Flora and Fauna
- Nature based
- Off road
- Pub Stay
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Outback Queensland Tourism
Nearest Airport: Thargomindah