Street chic by design
Paddington is a fashionable suburb of Sydney renowned for its Federation-style terraced housing. Bustling Oxford Street contrasts with the leafy calm of the rest of the suburb where you’ll discover houses with “iron lace” – Paddington’s trademark architectural feature. Paddington has many art galleries and Australian designer boutiques to explore. Enjoy milling with the locals around Fiveways, the centre of Paddington village. On Saturdays, the popular Paddington Market is well worth visiting. There are over 200 stalls with original hand-made jewellery, crafts, second hand clothes and some highly individual fashions. Paddington has more than its share of cafes and restaurants and its pubs pride themselves on offering the latest in contemporary dining.
Located just up from Oxford Street is Queen Street, Woollahra. This street is famous for its array of antique shops, featuring everything from furniture to jewellery. Also nearby is the vibrant complex of Fox Studios where you can enjoy all the latest movies in state of the art cinemas.
- Wander shady Paddington Street and discover Sydney’s finest examples of Victorian terrace houses.
- Visit the boutiques that line Oxford Street, many showcasing young Australian fashion designer wares.
- Dine at a pub – Grand National, The Royal or Paddington Inn.
- Pick upa bargain at the Paddington Market held every Saturday.
- Wander through or purchase a piece of art from one of the fifty private galleries.
Activites and Experiences at Paddington precinct
- Sports Participate
- Sports Viewing
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Banking Facilities
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- Medical Facilities
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Sporting Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Takeaway Food
- Places of Worship
- Food and Wine