Just an hour’s drive south of Perth, situated on the sparkling waters of Warnbro Sound, lies Safety Bay.
Safety Bay is popular for diving, surfing, fishing and spearfishing, and provides excellent swimming with safe shallow beaches.
Penguin Island, about a kilometre off shore from Safety Bay is home to about 1,200 fairy penguins, forming one of the largest breeding colonies of these birds in Australia. The island is also a very important nesting, feeding and roosting site for over 50 species of seabirds and is the resting site for the rare Australian sea lion. The best time to visit is from mid September to early June. The island is closed for the rest of the year to protect the breeding penguins from disturbance.
There are also many venues for dining out, from fast food to alfresco fine dining.
The nearby town of Rockingham has a large variety of accommodation, from beach side villas to caravan parks.
Activites and Experiences at Safety Bay
- Fishing – Beach
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Wind Surfing
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Coach Stop
- Mechanical Services
- Public Telephone
- Beach A beach attraction is a beach area that is recognised for its scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, environmental state, and/or fauna population. Recreational vehicles can be driven on a number of beaches around Australia
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Island A piece of land completely surrounded by water
- Nature based Relating to the natural environment
- Water based
Nearest Airport: Perth