Only thirty minutes southeast of Perth, the Serpentine Jarrahdale district, which includes the towns of Serpentine, Mundijong, Jarrahdale and Byford, offers some of Western Australia’s most popular parks, art galleries, restaurants, wineries and wildlife.
The earliest settlers to Serpentine in the 1840s were attracted to the abundance of fresh water cascading over the famous falls and the river meandering to the coast. The breathtaking scenery includes many forests, parks, rivers and other natural attractions, offering the perfect location for a traditional Australian barbecue or bushwalk. Serpentine Falls Park is an attractive picnic spot, with free barbecues and resident kangaroos.
The area is a true depiction of Western Australia’s country lifestyle with many farms, orchards and historic country towns. Some of the historic buildings house heritage and museum collections, arts and crafts and tea gardens. This spectacular rural setting has inspired many artists to establish their homes and studios in the area.
A range of accommodation is available from railway carriages, taverns and bed & breakfasts.
Serpentine has tea gardens, restaurants and taverns where you can enjoy excellent meals, morning and afternoon tea.
Activites and Experiences at Serpentine
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Animal Viewing
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- National Park
- Public Telephone
- Rural/Country Relating to the rural/country lifestyle (ie agricultural or pastoral)
- Eco Tourism Relating to the natural environment, its protection and conservation. Product fitting this experiencee have been awarded an Eco Tourism Accreditation
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Historic/Heritage Nation’s historic buildings, monuments, countryside etc, especially when regarded worthy of preservation
- National Park A national park is an area that is recognised for its natural features that are protected by controlled access and usage
- Nature based Relating to the natural environment
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
- Wildlife Animals living in their natural environment or attractions that provide visitors with the opportunity to view a variety of wildlife
Nearest Airport: Perth Domestic & International Terminal