Kingfisher Bay Resort, Fraser Island, Fraser Island
Kingfisher Bay Resort is located north of the Sunshine Coast and is the gateway to the World Heritage wilderness of Fraser Island, its ancient rainforest, spectacular fresh-water lakes and famous 75-Mile Beach.
The resort nestles among tree-covered dunes on the edge of the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait and is a paradise for boating, fishing, swimming, bush walking, four-wheel driving and just enjoying the magnificent, natural beauty of this island.
Kingfisher rangers guide a variety of four-wheel-drive tours to explore Fraser Island. Rangers also have a daily program of nature walks and activities such as bird watching, stargazing and fishing clinics.
Dolphin search cruises operate all year round except from August to October when there are daily whale watch cruises to see the migrating humpback whales.
Kingfisher Bay Resort has won five Australian Tourism Awards and the resort and all tours have been awarded Advanced National Ecotourism Accreditation.
At Kingfisher Bay you can do as much or as little as you want – relax with a cocktail by one of the four swimming pools, play tennis, simply bubble in a spa, indulge at the natural therapy and beauty clinic or just go fishing and get chef to cook your catch.
Enjoy Australian bush foods and wonderful fresh seafood at any of the three restaurants. The resort has an excellent program to introduce guests to Australian food and wine.
A Junior Eco Ranger program for kids includes art, walks, orienteering, rope courses and canoeing, spotlighting for animals, stargazing and campfires with damper making, story telling and sing-a longs. Evening activities include dinner.
A purpose built Kids’ Club and playground cares for the under fives and baby-sitting is also available.
Please visit the web site to take virtual tours of the resort, the accommodation and the facilities.
Activites and Experiences at Kingfisher Bay Resort, Fraser Island
- National Ecotourism Certification Program (EcoCertification)
- World Heritage
- Off Road Driving
- Birdwatching Guided ranger bird walks daily.
- Canoeing Guided canoe paddles.
- Driving Four wheel drive hire and ranger guided four wheel drive coach tours.
- Fishing – Beach Fishing clinics, equipment hire and sales.
- Fishing – Estuary
- Flora Ranger guided walks.
- Kayaking Equipment hire available.
- Sailing Catamaran hire available.
- Scenic Flight Available as addition to four wheel drive coach tour.
- Snorkelling Equipment hire available.
- Bush Tucker Ranger and chef hosted Talk And Taste. Ranger guided bushtucker walks.
- Marine Animal watching Whale watch cruises.
- Walking Ranger guide and self guide bush walks.
- Wine Tasting Hosted wine tasting weekly.
- 24 hour Reception
- Bar Four bars located on premises.
- Boat Ramp
- Office Services/Business Services
- Car park
- Vehicle wash facilities
- Courtesy transfer
- Child Minding Centre
- Child Pool
- Child Activity Program
- Cafe/Coffee shop
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Cots Available
- Dry Cleaning
- Equipment Hire
- High Chair
- Marina Facilities
- Medical Facilities
- Foreign Currency Exchange
- Swimming Pool Outdoor Three on premises.
- Swimming Pool – Heated
- Public Telephone
- Restaurant – Licensed Three located on premises.
- Restaurant Licensed
- Safety deposit box Located at Reception.
- Security System
- Tennis Court – Full Size
- Tour Desk Ranger Desk.
- TV/Lounge Area
- Water Sports Gear
- Beach Calm water beach.
- Cruise Dolphin and whale watching.
- Eco Tourism
- Flora and Fauna Ranger guided walks.
- Honeymoon Packages available.
- National Park
- Nature based
- Nightlife Night club.
- Off road Ranger guided four wheel drive tours.
- Water based
- World Heritage
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Gay and Lesbian
- Meetings Incentive Conventions
- Bundaberg Tourism
- Fraser Coast
- Fraser Coast South Burnett
- Tourism Sunshine Coast
- Sunlover Holidays
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Cheques Bank
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- Foreign Exchange Draft
- Money Order
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Foreign Travellers Cheques
- 4 Stars
- Air Conditioning
- Additional Bathroom
- Ceiling Fan
- Clock Radio
- Insect screens
- Internet Access
- Iron/Ironing board
- Non Smoking Room
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Washing Machine
More Accommodation In Fraser Island
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Fraser Island.