Kurrumbul Homestead, Yelarbon
Kurrumbul Homestead Offers a unique country wedding venue, Conventions Centre, Inbound Bush Tours, and riverside camping with seven large camping grounds and over 45 campsites. It’s a great overnight stop over, where five main highways meets.
Kurrumbul Homestead offers all this in a picturesque countryside location at Yelarbon, east of Goondiwindi.
The spacious camping grounds are located on the banks of the Dumaresque River, which winds its way around the centrally accessible homestead. These grounds are ideal for caravans and campers. The lovely bushland settings combine well with the seven kilometres of river frontage. Enjoy swimming or bring your own equipment for canoeing and other watersports.
There are seven camping grounds and the main campsites are equipped with septic toilets and running water. All the campsites have barbecues and access to the river. Additional toilets and hot showers are available at the Homestead, a short distance away. Campsites do not have power.
Kurrumbul Homestead offers a diverse range of successful packages for overseas and touring groups, clubs, churches, schools and youth groups. Kurrumbul Homestead beds up to one hundred people and has successfully catered for up to one hundred and seventy five people.
This magnificent building, otherwise known as the ‘Grand old Lady of Goondiwindi’ was built in 1927. Don Cranney moved this historical building to the family property of Kurrumbul in 1984. Her new home is surrounded by 358 hectares of picturesque river flats bordered by the Dumaresque River. For 20 years Kurrumbul Homestead has been operating as a rural tourism destination for international visitors, tours, schools, churches, clubs and families.
The homestead offers good value country style meals, 100 beds in 12 rooms, games and convention halls and large grounds for activities and sports.
This beautiful escape is only three and a half hours from Brisbane.
Activites and Experiences at Kurrumbul Homestead
- Birdwatching Many different varieties.
- Bushwalking River side trails.
- Camping Campers and caravans both welcome.
- Canoeing The river is ideal for canoeing, so bring along your own canoe.
- Cooking Fully catered camp site for large groups.
- Crabbing Crayfishing.
- Cycling Push bike trails.
- Farm/Station activity Mustering cattle, work dogs (in season).
- Fishing – Estuary Bring your own fishing gear and bait along.
- Exercising Walking and jogging.
- Flora Wild flowers (in season).
- Hay rides
- Kayaking Seven kilometres of river to experience.
- Spotlighting Enjoy night spotlighting on the property (additional costs).
- Swimming In the river.
- Bush Tucker Camp oven meals.
- Animal Viewing Sheep shearing, cattle mustering, stock work (seasonal).
- Walking Lovely trails along the river.
- Water-based Boating and canoeing on the river (must bring own equipment).
- Adult Retreat
- BBQ Facilities 18 barbecues available.
- Camp Kitchen Cater up to 100 people.
- Child Activity Program On event weekends.
- Conference/Convention Facilities Conference room which seats 100 people.
- Games/Recreation Room Ping pong tables for guest use.
- High Chair
- Open fireplace
- Active Water sports, swimming, bushwalking.
- Aussie Lifestyle Billy tea, damper.
- Caravan and Camping Bush camping (no power).
- Farm/Station Sheep shearing, cattle work, mustering (seasonal).
- Fishing Yellow belly, cod, silver perch.
- Flora and Fauna Beautiful bushwalks.
- Historic/Heritage Cobb and Co change over site, Wagon Crossing.
- Industry/Mining, Agriculture
- Nature based
- Nightlife Spotlighting kangaroos, wallabies, foxes and rabbits.
- Relaxation Sit back and enjoy traditional country hospitality.
- Remote Situated 350 kilometres west of Brisbane.
- Romance Romantic weekend packages available.
- Soft Adventure Canoeing.
- Water based Seven kilometres of river frontage.
- Only RTN (TQ)
- Empty Nesters
- Toowoomba & Golden West Also a member of Christian Camping International Australia.
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Cheques Bank
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Not Available
More Accommodation In Yelarbon
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Yelarbon.